Our first mini vacation was to the east coast city of Cherating. The resort was an all-inclusive ClubMed located on the South China Sea. We were thankful just to arrive safely because Lee chose to drive us the 5 hours there. It took us an hour and a half just to get out of KL . . . it was absolutely terrifying! Not only is he driving on the wrong side of the car we are on the wrong side of the road!! I was trying to navigate with the map and Lee looking at the GPS and the boys in the back looking out for motorcycles and taxis everywhere. When we finally got going the right way, it was the most incredible drive-through the hills of Malaysia, stopping at the roadside markets/gas stations and finally to our destination.
The entire time we were there, I drove the boys crazy because I just couldn't stop saying "Can you believe we are here on the South China Sea" (I tended to say it pretty much in every circumstance). We took a sailboat out with Lee as Captain. We spent the whole time racing against the other boats and it seems like we were always at the back of the pack - it never ceases . . . the competiveness of these "boys" of mine. The highlight of the trip was when the boys and I got on the flying trapeze!! The boys were really good and even got to the 2nd stage where they were caught be a true professional! Take a look at these shots. That's me on the trapeze, Lee on the climbing wall and Jarrett and Pearson on the badmitton court.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a gorgeous place! What wonderful memories you willl have.
Miss you much,
Linda
PS: I saw those feet!
Post a Comment